Friday, 19 August 2011

Audio - CC

I've been working with my video clips and splicing them with a few effects over the top, but it still seems to feel disconnected. After some consideration, I think a single song as a background track to all of the videos would help to tie them together.

I decided to visit a few Creative Commons music sites available and found my favourite to be dig.ccmixter.org as it was easy to navigate and had the best advanced search settings. I searched for topics such as: lonely, afraid, phobia, addiction etc to find anything that had the same feel I was trying accomplish through my videos. After much time spent listening to some terrible music and some very good tracks I finally found the track that worked for me.


Don't be Afraid - by SPECK - 2009

This track starts upbeat which fit nicely with my general public introduction and the slowly descends into something much more dark and contrived. The song is quite repetitive and echos with the lyrics "don't be afraid" which complements the theme of the video and sets the overall mood. I intend to adjust the audio levels throughout my film, increasing heartbeats and breathing etc for effect. Most of the audio other than the background song will be sourced from my CC videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment