Monday, 15 August 2011

Working in FCP

I've imported all of my clips into FCP and marked each one using the in and out markers before adding them to the timeline.

As an Adobe person, I've found that the easiest way for me to organise such a medley of videos is to mark each one at the points in which I need to clip and then add them to their own track, much like layering in Photoshop. From there I could lock certain elements and unlink audio etc - for the purposes of this video I would be deleting most audio tracks.

I worked out how to delete each clip from the timeline however I soon realised that this method left me with a lot of empty tracks and found that I had to scroll A LOT to find my many layers..... enter delete track!! It took me a while to work out how to delete an empty to track... in fact after sometime of exploring it myself I resorted to Google and within seconds had my answer.... I just wasn't clicking in the right section!

Discovering the trusty right click in the right area to delete track!

Using In and Out Markers for clipping in FCP

No comments:

Post a Comment