Sunday, 21 August 2011

Properly Attributing Creative Commons Material

After final completion of the film, I am incorporating the attribution list into my credits however I was unsure of how to do this properly so did a bit of googling.

I went to the most helpful resource I have found so far: http://creativecommons.org.au/learn-more/fact-sheets/attribution

Although I had already read about what CC was and how to use it etc, I didn't know how to write each license correctly. I found this table to be very helpful:
Most of my videos were CC BY which meant that I was only required to attribute their name with the exception of "An Anxious Remix" which was no derivatives. In keeping with the ND I only used the audio clip for this project and left it completely intact. The audio fit in nicely as it was about agoraphobia attacks and used heavy breathing, short voice clips and heart beats. I only really wanted the heavy breathing but as I was unable to doctor this track I worked my other source videos around that audio.

Overall I think that I achieved my aim in created an uncomfortable yet educational video using Creative Commons materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment