Monday, 15 August 2011

Layering and Effects

I've read a few tutorials and played with the transitions and effects tools quite a bit now, experimenting with my many videos and trying to bring some semblance of order to the chaos.

So far I've been using a lot of cross dissolves between clips and adjusted the opacity to meld several clips into one.


For the beginning section of my video, I've got a few crowd clips which don't quite go long enough so I have adjusted the speed by 33% to create a slow motion effect. This I think will work well with text a text overlay, I envisage this first section to be an introduction the phobia statistics and a gently ease the audience into a false sense of security. This has been done using 3 different clips of young people and busy crowds, there are already a few effects on my source videos so I'm trying to keep a similar editing style to keep a fairly uniform product.

I've decided that my aim for this video is to make the audience as uncomfortable as possible thus invoking a sense of empathy for the subjects. While this is an educational video, I want it to be an unusual take on informing the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment