Educational material on phobias, as it turns out, is a difficult topic to find on the internet. Everything I've found thus far has been based on how many phobias there are etc... but I like a challenge!
As I want my video to be mainly POV and make the viewer feel as uncomfortable and confronted as possible I've cheated a little and found a few educational videos on the effects of drugs and grabbed clips of people having withdrawals etc.
I've found tons of Vlogs by people suffering from certain phobias mainly Agoraphobia and how they deal with life each day, a sort of community support program if you will. These videos I found useful for gathering ideas but generally they were of the subjects sitting in the bedrooms with poor audio. I may try to use snippets of the videos however I think they will be mainly research based.
I've downloaded the following CC Videos using youtube and Vimeo:
• "We All Want to Be Young" - Box1824 (Vimeo) - uploaded Nov 8 2010
• "Acrophobia" - Thomrichart (Youtube) - uploaded Aug 23 2010
• "An Anxious Remix" - wolffwrtf09 (Youtube) - uploaded Nov 13 2009
• "Choking Game ~ Wake Up! Choking Game aka: Pass Out, Faint, Dreamland, Elevator, SpaceMonkey" - Yeahkt (Youtube) - uploaded Jun 13 2010
• "Trastorno de ansiedad, Agorafobia, Fobias" - Podemossuperario (Youtube) - uploaded Jul 5 2008
• "Heart Disease In Women: Educational PSA Video" - rosaryfilms (Youtube) - uploaded Jul 5 2008
• "The Real Dangers of Ecstacy (MDMA) / Educational Video PSA" - rosaryfilms (Youtube) - uploaded Jan 18 2008
• "Needle Phobia" - XXintoxicatingsinsXX (Youtube) - uploaded Oct 27 2009
• "Nervous Energy Panic Update" - curtsphobia (youtube) - uploaded Jun 30 2011
• "Savium - The Self-Saboteur" - savium (youtube) - uploaded Oct 31 2010
• "The Boy Next Door" - Greg Schmidinger (Vimeo) - uploaded Jan 22 2010
• "Why is Anxiety so Stubborn" - dooley78 (Youtube) - uploaded Jun 5 2011
From my research I'm thinking I will structure the mashup to start with statistics (if I can find them) and an image of the general population crowds etc and then moved to shots of the beginnings of an anxiety attack (most videos I've found for these were related to agoraphobia).
I will then link these shots to a few facts on the "fight or flight" theory and reasoning for panic attacks. This will then be followed by a closer look at the heart rate acceleration, deceleration and a look at the more physical effects.
Still a little vague on how I will finish this video, but I guess I'll see how these clips shape up[ and work it out as I get a feel for the mashup.
No comments:
Post a Comment